Sunday, March 1, 2009

Technodependance

I have discovered this week just how reliant I have become on the studio as a writing tool. There was a time when I would write happily with just the guitar or the piano, but these days it seems I'm creatively addicted to the process of layering tracks as I write. It's like having to work with one black crayon after becoming accustomed to having the whole palette at your disposal. I have discovered this due to the failure of the studio computer - I'm still deciding how disturbed to be by this revelation. Still if this is all I've got to whinge about, I'm doing just fine. Anyhoo, had to dig one up from the vault this week, it's another demo from the next album - "Bought A Ticket".



PS Esmerelda has hit the lead in the S14, while the contrarians at the bottom of the table (you know who you are) enjoyed the generous smattering of upsets this round....

PPS "You want to impress me, take the wheel for a while motherfucker..."



(I know it originally referred to Stevie, but...)

LR

No comments:

Post a Comment